Benefits of the Subaru Boxer Engine:
- Opposing cylinders cancel out vibration without the need for the additional parts and the extra weight of balance shafts.
- Flat design fits low in the car, keeping the center of gravity low for better handling. Also, low mounting means that a catastrophic front collision sends the engine under the passengers instead of into their bodies.
- Fewer parts means fewer repairs and greater reliability.
- Smaller, lighter engine keeps vehicle weight low and fuel economy high.
- Symmetrical design mates elegantly with the all wheel drive system, keeping the car balanced and simple.
Search our huge inventory!
More Good Stuff!
Check out all our other exclusive Planet content.
"When I walked into your dealership I liked the fact that no one attacked me and no one used the well-know sales tactics on me. I brought my mother in the first day and she was just as impressed as I was about the non-pressured atmosphere." --Sandra N., Scituate, MA
Planet explains the benefits of Subaru's Boxer engine design to new car buyers in Boston, North Shore, Cambridge, Brockton, and Plymouth.