2015 Outback left, 2014 on right
Planet-exclusive 2015 Subaru Outback Gallery.
Click to enlarge.
Highlights and Changes
Fuel economy at the top of its AWD crossover class: 25 city, 33 highway.
- Lineartronic® CVT is now standard on all models. (No more manual offered).
- Previously unavailable on Outback, X-Mode and Active Torque Vectoring now standard.
- Outback grows slightly, less than an inch in length and width.
- Earns the highest safety rating from IIHS, "Top Safety Pick Plus."
- Optional on higher trims, Outback gets Subaru's next generation Eyesight system with new available Rear Vehicle Detection System featuring Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
- New optional Keyless Access and Push Button Start lets you leave your key in your pocket or purse while the PIN access system allows you to lock your key in the car when your adventures might expose it to loss or damage.
Six Minute Exclusive Planet Video: 2015 Outback Introduction